Our partners at Newborn Care Solution are excited to announce their Newborn Care Specialist training in Southern California and other locations this year. Please take a look if you want to take this class yourself or have an existing Nanny take this course. We highly recommend and recognize them as the leaders in the Newborn Care industry. #newborncare #newborncarespecialist #newborn #babynurse #nightnanny
This week the International Nanny Association Released their 2017 Salary Report. Take a look at the findings. Keep in mind that California and New York are above the hourly average in terms of salary.
Key findings include:
- Average hourly rate USD $19.14, up from $18.66 in 2014.
- 52% have had a salary increase in prior 12 months, up from 38% in 2012.
- Education and experience correlate with higher hourly wage.
- 60% received an annual bonus in prior 12 months.
- Nannies that have taken the INA Nanny Credential Exam and/or the INA Basic Skills Assessment get a higher hourly rate.
- 64% are paid legally.
Regarding nanny benefits:
- 75% of nannies receive paid vacation, up from 57% in 2014.
- 76% receive “guaranteed pay” when the family does not need them up from 71% in 2014.
- 17% receive health insurance, full (7%) or partial (10%).
- Fewer nannies 23%, are being placed by traditional, brick and mortar nanny referral agency, down from 39% in 2014.
- A slight increase to 69% have written work agreements, over 67% in 2014.
We get asked from time to time for recommedations of different tasks a Nanny or Household Assistant can perform. Below find an idea list of some of the things our client's ask their employees to do. Of course you can not expect your employee to cover all of these duties but making your wish list for your household employee can include many of these items as time permits.
With so many parents deep in the throws of summer we forget school is only weeks away. This is a very important time to start thinking about Back-Up Care, after school help, car pools, shopping for back to school items, and making sure your kids are keeping up on their summer school work! Take a look at this recent article by PBS for some tips and tidbits...